About Dr. Peter Boulden
Dr. Peter Boulden knows smiles have the power to change lives—he’s transformed more than 1,200 of them as one of the most credentialed cosmetic dentists in the world. Recognized in the greater Atlanta area as the “go-to” dentist for high-end cosmetic procedures, Dr. Boulden is the dental professional of choice for celebrities, athletes and prominent community leaders.
Though his patients’ smiles may dazzle, Dr. Boulden’s practice is about far more than glitz and glam. He maintains an extensive list of accomplishments within his industry, namely the prestigious distinction of Fellow to the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics, part of the Smile Source network.
The Academy is comprised of the most renowned cosmetic dentists in the world, committed to continued education, rigorous attention to detail and all-around excellence in the field of cosmetic dentistry. He also serves on the Academy’s Advisory Board. He has received his Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics and the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Boulden’s Passions
Dr. Boulden is passionate about mastering the relationship between a person’s smile and facial symmetry, consistently seeking out new technologies to make him even more proficient at his craft. When he can’t find them, he creates them himself; Dr. Boulden has developed three iOS apps that complement his cosmetic procedures in diverse ways. The Botox Charting App helps dental professionals document and chart Botox procedures in a simplified manner using an iPad. The Smile Design Book was developed in conjunction with Phoenix cosmetic dentist Dr. Trent Smallwood and helps dentists communicate smile choices when designing smiles for their patients. The Facial Thirds app helps determine balance in facial vertical thirds of the face for perfect harmony and balance, a technique first mastered by Leonardo da Vinci.
When he’s not working his mandibular magic, Dr. Boulden enjoys spending time with his wife, Emily Dees Boulden, owner of high-end clothing boutique SWANK and star of the debut FYI network show “Get Swank’d”. The Bouldens reside in Sandy Springs and have three children, daughters Amzie and Atley and son Brax. What does one of the world’s most credentialed dentists do for fun? Dr. Boulden spends nearly every weekend running adventure races, riding his dirt bike on bumpy back roads and pursuing other adrenaline-inducing experiences, including his new favorite pastime, kiteboarding.
Notable awards and credentials:
- Undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia
- Doctorate in Dental Medicine from the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry
- Awarded “Best of Show” and “1st Place for Smile Makeovers” in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics
- International Smile Gallery Competition
- WebMD Magazine featured cosmetic Dentist
- Graduate of Bale Doneen Preceptorship- Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention
- Founded the 501c3 charitable Reason to Smile Foundation with Dr. Susan Estep
- Fellow and board member of the prestigious Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE)
- Fellow of the International Academy of Dental-Facial Esthetics
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Official cosmetic dentist to the 2009 Mrs. Georgia Pageant
- A participating member of the Give Back a Smile Program for domestically abused victims who are in need of dental care
- Founding board member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH)
- Practice voted “Top Atlanta Dentists” by Atlanta Magazine every year since its inception
- Voted consecutively as “America’s Top Dentist” by national poll
- A participating expert on ABC’s hit TV Show “Extreme Makeover”
- Cosmetic Dentist to Dolvett Quince on NBC’s Biggest Loser Season 12
- Six-time award winner for excellence in smile designs and cosmetic dentistry from 2005-2008 from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
- Sustaining member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry, Georgia Dental Association, Northern District Dental Society, and Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- Extensive training from the Bioresearch Corporation in Joint Vibrational Analysis and Tscan computerized occlusal analysis system. In addition to completing many hours of post-graduate cosmetic education, Dr. Boulden has attended comprehensive, hands-on training courses in aesthetic dentistry at the acclaimed Hornbrook Group and Pacific Aesthetic Continuum at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco.
- Has completed a mini-residency in Oral Implantology (over 100 hours of case studies)